Cleveland, Ohio, Lawyer
Employment Discrimination - Business Litigation - Civil Rights
Experience counts in litigation, and I have it. Forceful advocacy and a consistent presence in the courts throughout Ohio have established the excellent reputation of my firm. My reputation and experience bring benefits - I have an excellent track record and other lawyers know that I will not back down. As a testament to my reputation, I am pleased to be AV Peer-Review Rated* through Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for both legal ability and ethical conduct. I am proud to be included in Martindale-Hubbell's Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
I am not a trial lawyer who promotes unnecessary trials, but I do not shy away from a legal battle. I work with my clients to develop an appropriate strategy. If that means going to court, I will put my more than twenty years of extensive litigation, trial and appellate experience to work. At The Bernard Law Firm, I offer trial and appellate services in a variety of practice areas, including:
Employment law and civil rights: As an employment law attorney, I help people stand up for their rights as employees in a wide range of situations such as:
- Employment discrimination, including:
- age discrimination
- race discrimination
- national origin or ethnicity discrimination
- religious discrimination
- sex discrimination
- pregnancy discrimination
- disability and handicap discrimination/Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- Sexual harassment and hostile work environments
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) claims for unpaid wages, salary and overtime
- Retaliation and wrongful termination
Business and civil litigation: As a trial attorney, I represent business and individual clients in a wide range of disputes, including:
- Complex, multi-party business and commercial litigation
- Constitutional law
- Finance and lender liability
- Real estate and construction litigation
- Fraud and consumer protection
- Personal injury and wrongful death
- Contract disputes and breach of contract
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Intellectual property
For a complete overview of my legal services, please visit the Practice Areas page.
At large law firms, work is delegated to associate attorneys or paralegals that you have never met. The Bernard Law Firm is different - I will be the only attorney working on your file. I provide highly rated legal services and work product at a reasonable price.
I pride myself on my ability to personalize the representation each client receives. My broad client base includes individuals, executives, small businesses and large corporations. Each client has unique needs. With my experience, I can find the best litigation strategy that provides the best results tailored to your needs.
Contact my Cleveland office today. If I am retained as your attorney, I will put my experience and dedication to work for you.